Reviewing for the three-hour multi-part Advance Placement Test is a gigantic task as one has to keep up with the demanding coursework, plus other obligations which can make one forget about the preparation for the test. Passing the exam with good scores can be doable with some study strategies, enough preparation and going on The Best AP Review Books website.
How to Study for the Different AP Tests
The main steps to AP success are exam skill building, content review and preparing for success on the test day. AP exams are standardized, just like ACT and SAT, but more content-based and hence, gauge the students’ study skills more. That being known, it is highly-recommended to buy, use and study in advance of the test dates. The following best AP review books can add to a test applicant’s knowledge he or she had acquired from the classroom:
- “AP Biology” by Phillip Pack. Pack has been teaching the subject for more than 20 years. The answer explanations and strategies in the multiple choice questions show his good amount of experience in the subject.
- “5 Steps to a 5 AP Biology, 2017 Edition” by Mark Anestis and Kellie Ploeger Cox. The test questions in this book are well organized to help content memorization. They are likewise closely calibrated to AP tests.
- “Barron’s AP Calculus, 13th Edition” by David Bock, Dennis Donovan and Shirley Hockett. This study material covers Calculus AB and BC with four full practice exams. It has good study guides and is highly recommended for those who struggle in Calculus and need more explanation.
- “5 Steps to a 5 AP Calculus AB, 2017 Edition” by William Ma. This book is an easy guide in studying Calculus with practice tests and the popular five-step approach found in many of best AP review books.
English Literature and Composition
- “5 Steps to a 5 AP English Literature, 2017 Edition” by Estelle Rankin and Barbara Murphy. This easy guide to study English literature is a condensed review material with daily homework questions, practice test questions and three study plans depending on one’s time frame.
- “Cracking the AP English Language & Composition Exam, 2017 Edition” by Princeton Review. What makes this book as one of the best AP review books is it gives a sound advice to ace essays. It is a good summary study material for AP English.
- “5 Steps to a 5 AP US Government and Politics, 2017 Edition” by Pamela Lamb. This book covers the proven five-step approach with practice exams, plus three study schedules.
- “AP U.S. Government & Politics Crash Course” by Larry Krieger. Author Krieger was recognized as a top AP class instructor by the College Board who came up with this quality book. This book is helpful even to those who have procrastinated in their AP Government preparations.
- “AP U.S. History: Crash Course Book” by Larry Krieger. This light and last-minute review book has short but very useful content for those who are cramming for the exams. This can be a lifebuoy to a student who did not try to prepare, covering only the necessary information for the multiple-choice questions.
- “Barron’s AP United States History Flash Cards” by Michael Bergman and Kevin Preis. These flash cards break the typical no-flash card recommendation among the best AP review books as they are good for content which are memory-based.
AP tests need not be scary when one is prepared and maximized the best AP review books. Authors of review materials gave their best to provide helpful guides. The rest is for the test applicants to just do their part.